Saturday, August 3, 2013

Simple Scrap Saturday!

Today I decided it was time to start focusing on fall projects, so going forward for the next couple weeks I will be posting all things fall from my craft room.

6x6 mini albums are my favorite, they are the perfect size for my purse, desk or at home on a end table. I started one today and will update you as we move along.  Here we go.


I chose a rust and kraft color to start the first pages of my book. These are cut at 6x6

 
 
I like to really jazz up the first page since it is the introduction to the book. The picture mat is cut at 5 1/4 x 4 1/4 inches. I added a journaling spot which is cut at 2 x 3 1/4 inches.  I used DCWV paper four rust colored brads and a bling sticker from Michaels to dress the page up.
 
 
I rounded all of the corners at a 1/2 inch with my corner chomper
 
 
 
The edges are all inked with Stapin up chocolate chip. This seems to give it a more rustic appeal.  I am using Stampin UP! Designer series paper (DSP) which was retired a couple of years ago.
 
 
 
Page two is the back of the first page which is 6x6, picture mat cut at 4 x 4 inches, the journaling spot is cut at 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches I added a leaf brad to keep the fall theme going.
 
 
 
This page is also 6 x 6, picture mat is 4 x 4 inches and the journaling spot is also 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches. I cut a chocolate chip colored paper at 2 x 3 inches angled, I used some copper color brads and a leaf brad to add dimension. The journaling tag is taped at the bottom so the picture you use would sit behind it.
 
The total time spent on these pages was approximately 35 minutes. These books are easy as long as you keep it simple. Look for more pages next week. Thanks for looking if you have any questions, please e-mail me I will be happy to reply.
 
Happy Scrappin!
Gina
 
.


No comments:

Post a Comment